Monday 12 August 2013

Amazing Upcycling x


Upcycling!!!

Happy Monday

We love a good recycle and after seeing our friend Bex upcycling a few pieces I thought ooooh I want to try my hand at this.

Firstly our Ikea Table – what a nuisance sharpies are! A sharpie drawing marathon left the top stained and left me wanting to throw it in the skip and get a new one! Then I thought oooooh what about if I recover it with Oil Cloth – and taaaa daaaa






My mum had had an old pine dresser and small chest of drawers in the garage and I wondered what I could do with them! I didn’t really need any more furniture and none of my house is pine! So I decided to paint it Gloss black and bought new crystal knobs! I think it looks fabulous in my kitchen!!!






Leeanne has also been upcycling! All of Sienna’s dark wood nursery furniture she painted white for Tate’s arrival!





And Lee is planning to repaint her kitchen table and chairs like this ...... so watch this space for some more transformation pictures!!! 





We’ve seen some fabulous ideas like picture frames spray painted bright colours and chairs re-upholstered! Some ideas are super easy however so so effective!

Advice: The best advice I can give when it comes to sourcing materials is go to a shop and ask! A professional will know exactly what to use!

Have you got any fab before and after pictures of upcycling – or any fabulous ideas that are a must do?

Let us know!

Happy Upcycling Monday
Love
Jade & Leeanne
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 photo bloglovinicon_zpsef14aa26.gif  photo twittericon_zps10c57144.gif photo instagramicon_zpsd1a2ba40.gif